Thursday, April 12, 2018

Sq4:Ball Bounce Animation

Ball Bounce Animation





Summery


For this animation I was assigned to model a Tennis ball, a Golf ball, and a Bowling Ball in Maya. The first step was to film a real life Tennis ball, Golf ball, and Bowling ball, each dropping from 5 feet in the air. Once all three of the balls were filmed, I loaded the videos onto my computer. Next using photoshop, I marked the frame number each time the balls hit the ground and the highest points were they bounced back up to. I recorded all of my data into an excel spread sheet and got started with the modeling process in Maya. The balls were all spheres with the appropriate bump mating needed on each one.  Once the Tennis ball, Golf ball, and Bowling ball all were finished, I started animating them in the timeline. I looked at the excel sheet and at the frames listed I set a key frame at the right height. Once all of the key frames were set I went into the graph editor and edited the graph so that the models would not ease in and ease out. Next I made a poly plane under the balls. I added three spot lights;the key light, the fill light, and the back light. Finally I had the lights were I wanted them to be I added a background image to use as background.       


What did I learn?

I learned now to add an image to the background in Maya. I also learned how to edit the graph editor.


Conclusion 

I enjoyed making this animation so much. I can not wait to use what I learned in future projects.   

No comments:

Post a Comment