Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Exploring Animation Reflection

Exploring Animation Reflection

Through out this past sophomore year I have learned many new skills in Exploring Animation.

Technology

I learned how to use the Adobe program After Effects. My Animation teacher introduced After Effects to me. I learned how to use after effects from tutorials on Youtube as well. This program is were almost every single project I did this year was made. When I first was introduced to After Effects I had some difficulties navigating and using the tools.  After some practice using after effects, I can navigate this program much better.  I also learned how to use a new 3D program called MAYA. Mr. Nuterville, the other animation at my school. taught my class who to use Maya. I also learned how to Maya from instruction documents I received from my animation teacher. Maya was not that hard to learn the basics of, however the program some times crashed during a project and  it was a pain to get the program to open back up. The video shown below was one of my favorite projects made in Maya.


Project Management 

My project management skills were much better than last year. During the middle of the year when I was introduced to Maya and we started to get lots of small projects. I started to fall behind and had to come in  after school to catch up with the class. I learned my project management skills from my many teachers over the years and from my parents. Project Management skills are important to have so that you don't get pealed up with late assignments.



Collaboration and Communication 

This year I feel as if I improved on my collaboration and communication with others. The last project for my sophomore animation class was based on the collaboration of a team to produce an animation. The animation incorporated special effects , 3D animation, and real life film. I was able to communicate well with my group because I was able to chose the people in my group. Being able to communicate and work well with my group allowed us to  use our time efficiently and produce a successful video.






Leadership

Throughout the year I have helped other people navigate the different programs. I also helped lead the production of the final project. Leadership is important for future jobs and projects. It is challenging of we to lead large groups of people.

What are your greatest strengths/what are your weaknesses?

I am good at being creative and organized. I like making a plan before starting anything. Once the project is planed out I can start the project and put my creative spin to the outline if there is one. 
I can work on my skills in using photoshop and after effect can be improved with more practice.


What are you going to do with what You have learned?Is there anything you would change? Why?

I am going to use what I have learned  for any of my future projects. I will also carry over what I have learned in this animation class to Animation my junior year.  I would have liked to do more projects with photoshop and 2D animation because I love drawin people.

Summery

I loved  the last animation project animation. I can not what to improve my skills more in animation next year. I cannot wait for Animation class next year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment